5 Reasons Why Accessible Software Training and Support is So Important
As the world turns to technology to combat the dilemmas posed by social distancing, home-working, and learning from home, the emphasis placed on reliable and user-friendly software has become significantly greater.
Maintaining or getting up-to-scratch on communications and management platforms is vital to your performance. This can be an unsettling prospect for some. Learning how to operate software efficiently can be time-consuming, but it doesn’t have to be. That’s provided the software and/or platforms your using offer the training and support necessary.
Just because we’re more reliant on tech, doesn’t mean we should feel unsure about how to approach working and learning. In fact, software should be intuitive and easy to manoeuvre. The best software will guide you through the process so you can feel supported every step of the way.
The more accessible the training the better! Probing the web to find a how-to YouTube video for your software isn’t ideal. Using software that has training built-in, provides on-going support and advice, and offers tutorials, means you don’t have to search for the answers elsewhere.
In this blog, we’re going to breakdown the top five reasons why accessible software training and support is so important to the efficiency and smooth operations of ventures, whether educating, learning, managing or anything else!
- Side-step any potential mishaps with your team or customers. The best way to use software and platforms in a streamlined manner is to make sure everyone is on the same page. To do this, users will need to train themselves on how to operate their software efficiently, but also encourage all stakeholders to do so. This means ensuring that customers know how to access electronic information and communications and making sure software is being operated in the correct manner by all. Keep everyone in the loop by sharing software update information to prevent any complications or misunderstandings between colleagues, students, and customers.
- Guaranteed smooth lesson delivery. Not only is understanding your software/ learning platform incredibly important for teachers, but it’s also key to student success. Back when nearly all learning was done in a face-to-face environment, sharing a resource was passing out a printed handout and registering attendance was physically confirming your presence in the room. Now, these actions amongst others are done electronically, and both teachers and students must understand how they can manage these actions to keep a grasp on learning. Having training resources and short learning activities at hand makes brushing up on this knowledge simple and fast.
- Let administrators feel confident about their working approaches. On the other side of overseeing a service, there’s administration keeping inner workings and operations smooth. A smart piece of software can support administrators by cutting out tedious and repetitive tasks and freeing up the time to focus on jobs that need more careful attention. However, this is only possible if the administration is kept up to speed on software functionality and updates. Why go about doing things the long way when you could cut your workload in half by approaching a task differently? Having admin teams regularly trained and re-trained on software tools means they can do their job as efficiently as possible. By using training resources right at their fingertips, these regular refresh sessions are made all the more effective and accurate.
- Make sure system updates make sense. Often, users can find themselves completing regular tasks in the same way because they know it’s worked for them previously. Despite the configuration of software updates that simplify processes, without being shown how simple another approach can be users tend to return to what they’ve tried and tested many times before. By completing regular software training directly from the software developer, users are more likely to find the fastest approach and avoid the temptation of slipping into out-dated modes of working. If you’re lucky enough to have software that provides in-built training, you’ll find keeping up to speed a breeze.
- Remove the potential of misinformation. The internet can be a wonderful go-to solution for a lot of things, including understanding the best way to operate a piece of software. Where and how users self-teach on various topics can really define how much time they spend on a task in the long-run, so it’s better to use the most accurate resources. Training everyone involved with an organisation using the same material means everyone will follow fast and effective procedures, and no one will be left feeling like their lagging. The best way to make sure that everyone uses the same reliable materials for training is to use the accessible support and training resources made available by the software developer themselves.
There are no two ways about it, accurate and accessible software training is more important now than ever before. With such a reliance on tech to operate how we approach working and learning, it’s not just convenient to choose a software solution that provides regular support and training materials, it’s a vital expectation that can benefit you and those around you.
It’s well worth considering how much you’re willing to pay for more support. Does your software provider supply additional support and training for a fee? It may be worth taking on extra help when setting up a digital platform or system and can be a necessary aid when it comes to maintaining a digital environment.
Paritor Xperios offers built-in and online training resources, a resource sharing library, and additional support on request. Simply get in touch with a member of the Paritor Team today to find out more about the training and support readily available with Xperios.